There is a good zeal that can lead a married couple to God and to everlasting life. Practice this zeal then, with most fervent love.
- Be the first to show respect
- Support with patience one another’s weaknesses, whether they be of body or character
- Compete with one another is showing mutual obedience
- Do what you consider useful for the each other rather than what is useful for yourself
- Love one another with sincere affection, and have a loving fear of God. Prefer nothing whatever to Christ. May He lead you together to everlasting life.
Adapted from the Rule of St. Benedict. Apply it to any relationship!