Since I previously posted my husband’s sermon on wisdom, I thought our readers might like the actual definition of the spiritual gift.
Literal Meaning: To apply truth practically
Description: The gift of wisdom is the special ability that God gives to certain
members of the Body of Christ to know the mind of the Holy Spirit in such a way as to receive insight into how given knowledge may best be applied to specific needs arising in the Body of Christ.
- Focus on the unseen consequences in determining the next steps to take
- Receive an understanding of what is necessary to meet the needs of the
Body of Christ
- Provide divinely given solutions in the midst of conflict and confusion
- Hear the Spirit provide direction for God’s best in a given situation
- Apply spiritual truth in specific and practical ways
||Could fail to share the wisdom that God has given them|
||Need to avoid having others develop a dependence upon them which may weaken their faith in God|
||Need to be patient with others who do not have this gift|
References: Acts 6:3, 10; I Corinthians 12:8; James 1:5,6; II Peter 3:15
Using a good concordance, do your own study regarding what God’s Word says about this gift — its application within the various circumstances you find it in Scripture.