In my last post, I wrote about an exercise to use in determining your LifeCall (taken from the book, Younique by Will Mancini). Another way to increase your clarity and focus in determining your personal mission, is to think about your core values, or as Mancini terms it, your LifeCore. These values will help you say “yes” or “no” more confidently when opportunities arise. Knowing your values will help you do more of the things you do best. Some of the questions to consider are:
- What motivates you most deeply?
- What would others say you value most?
- What ideals do you want to define your life?
- What do your heroes and heroines stand for?
- Who are you when you are at your best?
- What is always true of you no matter what you are doing, who you are with or where you are?
After spending some time with this, draw up of list (fairly short — 3-5). Then select a structure to fit your values into. It could be alliterative or rhythmic, something that makes it easy to remember. In my case, it turned into the word, “LATCH.”
Give it a try, readers and authors — then tell us what your core values are– I’ll be waiting to hear.
For another post on the same book follow this link: