I got this short e-book free through BookBub (www.bookbub.com) and thoroughly enjoyed it. Of course, spiritual gifts and vocation are one of my big interests, but if you are not well versed on these topics, this would be a good place to begin. It can be finished in a couple of hours, and it’s chock full of good, biblically sound information about God’s will, God’s plan, and God’s timing as well as your purpose and calling as part of the Christian community and as an individual.
David Ramos lays his information out clearly and concisely. It is well researched, with referenced Bible verses to support and illustrate his conclusions. It includes:
- Old Testament and New Testament verses that explain and clarify purpose
- A definition of Biblical purpose
- The difference between God’s will, God’s call and God’s plan
- Lies and truths you may believe about your calling
- Examples of good and bad waiting in the Bible
- Examples of good and bad impatience in the Bible
- Different types of calling as seen in the Bible
Of course, there is more. The book also includes a list of more books by the author, a Guide for Growth in Difficult Times, some recommended articles on the web about finding your purpose, and a list of every verse about purpose in the Bible.
I looked up several of the suggested articles on purpose and found them to be engaging and helpful. I was disappointed that one free resource mentioned for free download (5 Questions That Create Clarity) did not seem to be available any longer. However, the author has a website with courses (at a charge) for further study. You can check him out at https://faithspring.teachable.com/.
This would be an excellent book to read and discuss with a small group.
VERDICT: 5 STARS
For another book by David Ramos see these posts: